Monday, January 24, 2011

Show and Tell

I tend to try to eat my problems away when I am stressed, and I can easily say that the last year has been the most stressful year of my life. I don't believe in dieting, but I do believe in eating healthy and giving my body what it needs. Infact, the only time I have ever lost weight was when I stopped dieting and started listening to my body. Unfortunately, I really don't know how I did it. I have been trying to eat healthy and just listen to what my body wants and how much it needs. So, I decide that I would keep track of what I eat and what exercising I do so that I can hold myself accountable. I love writing (I have like 3 full journals) and blogging is like writing in a journal that you can also post pictures in. :) Sometimes I might think I'm exercising a ton and eating absolutely perfect and I'm really not. So here goes nothing!

Yesterday
Breakfast:
Last week I made a loaf of  "Pumpkin Oat Walnut Banana Bread" (recipe soon)I love this stuff! I cut a smaller slice than usual because it is almost gone and I am trying to make it last as long as possible. I spread on some homemade pumpkin butter. (recipes coming soon!) I added a Chobani strawberry yogurt with a few Kashi Cinnamon Harvest cereal sprinkled on top for a crunch. Also, I made a homemade iced coffee with some vanilla almond milk and splenda. Breakfast wasn't heavy but filled me up and gave me some energy to start my day!

Later in the afternoon, J and I headed out to celebrate a friends birthday and watch some football at BW3s. I ordered a Queso Chicken Wrap with a side of chips and salsa. The wrap was ok, but it just tasted like cheese on a tortilla.  The chips and salsa were really good! I only ate half of my lunch and maybe I just happened to steal  eat one or two of J's wings. Even though it was a bar, I just ordered a Diet Coke.


I was really full from lunch, so I just had a handful of Kashi Cinnamon Harvest before hopping on the elliptical for a quick 45 minute workout later in the evening.  I still wasn't super hungry afterward, but I knew I should eat because I worked out. I had another slice of my Pumpkin bread. This time I put pumpkin butter on half and creamy almond butter on the other half. I added a juicy pear and some baby carrots.

Then I watched the Jets lose to the Steelers. :( 

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment