Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bananas and Peeps

After putting it off for over week, I decided I absolutely had to make a trip to the grocery store.  Of course it was super busy on Sunday.

I picked up some regular healthy stuff and a few new things I have read about and haven't tried yet.





I also got a lot of fruit and veggies.


Can you believe this bag of bananas was only 99 cents??

You gotta love a big bag of something with so many uses that costs less than a dollar! I don't mind if they get mushy faster than normal because I'm going to use them to make some more Banana Pumpkin Oatmeal Bread and maybe some muffins. Plus, I'm going to cut a few up into slices and freeze them to use in smoothies.  Yum, yum, yum!

Not everything I bought was healthy..



I just adore those cute yellow oreos! They remind me so much of Spring! Those electric blue peeps are for J. I'm not a huge fan of peeps.

Notice that box in the back?




Those aren't your average donuts, they're called Paczki. They are Polish donuts mainly eaten on Fat Tuesday. They are much heavier than normal jelly filled donuts. Paczkis are only available for a limited time each year, so you know I had to pick some up! I choose delicious Raspberry. J had one as soon as he got home today and said they were really good.

I was so happy that went to the store because I had a lot to choose from for lunch! I decided on a veggie sandwich some carrot chips, pita chips and hummus.






We had a little Wii Just Dance 2 dance party this evening and I really worked up a sweat! I love that game!

I can't believe there is snow on the ground again. Ugh! That's not the end of it either! I just watched the news and there is a "wintery mix" that is headed our way.  Spring can't get here fast enough!

Hope everyone has a great week and stays warm1 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren--glad to fins your blog! It looks like we started blogging around the same time last year.

    I have Dance Central for the Kinect and it is incredibly fun :).

    That lunch looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!! That lunch looks delicious! I need to go shopping, too. I always dread going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just came across your blog :) its so cute! i love all the setuff you bought too-- yummm! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you guys found me! :)

    My lunch was super yummy if I do say so myself! It was nice being able to actually to have choices for lunch. The last few days I was having to put together whatever I could find. I really have to try to go to the store on a regular basis! lol! It is so much easier in the summer when I can just stop at a farmer's market for what I need!

    ReplyDelete