Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Spaghetti Squash and Green Monsters

My weekend was super busy! My mother and I had a baby shower for my sister on Sunday at my house. I was up until 2 am getting things put together on Saturday night, but it was worth it. The shower was great! I was so busy, I forgot to get pictures. I managed to snap a few while we were setting up. I can mark something off of my 1001 list now too!




I can't wait to meet my little neice next month!



Later that night, we watched the Packers win the superbowl. Go Pack!!

Yesterday was the laziest of lazy days and we just layed around and got caught up on the DVR.

This morning I felt like having a green monster. I had plenty of leftover spinach from the shower since I bought way too much make a strawberry and spinach sald. So, I see many green monsters in my near future! It's ok because they are absolutely divine. They make me feel so healthy!




My Green Monster:
2 cups spinach
2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
1 1/2 Cups almond milk
stawberries
1/2 a banana
ice

Blend and Enjoy!

Remember how I blogged about  my frozen banana muffins? I also froze some turkey chili last time I made it. I baked a spaghetti squash, put a few scoops of chili on it and  covered  sprinkled with cheese. It was ooey gooey, cheesey, chili goodness. 



There are a lot of different ways to cook spaghetti squash, but here is what I do:

Cut squash in half lengthwise
Remove seeds
put cut size down in a glass casserole dish
add some water, not too much, just cover bottom of dish.
bake at 350 for 45 mins to 1 hour depending on size of squash
Remove form oven, cool about 15 mins and scrape strands off with a fork.

and I had this little cutie for dessert:



It was delish!

This isn't some regular old cupcake, so stay tuned for more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment