Saturday, April 16, 2011

Left Over Turkey Noodle Soup

I have a confession... sometimes I waste things. I don't mean to, but it always seems that I throw out a lot of food because it sits in the fridge or pantry too long and goes bad. I feel horrible about it and feel like it's such a waste of money. I am trying to get better at planning and keeping track of what we have. Organizing the pantry sure has helped!





Earlier in the week I baked a marinated turkey breast for dinner. Since it is just J and I, there was a lot left over. I had a pretty tasty sandwich with it the next day, but wanted to use up the rest before it went bad.  J has been feeling a bit under the weather and I was planning on making chicken soup and decided to just substitute the turkey. It turned out great! I really liked it and so did J! You can make this with chicken or turkey and it's super easy!

Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup:

  • Left over cooked turkey or chicken or frozen chicken breasts (I used about 2 cups I think)
  • 1 can 32 oz chicken broth
  • vegetables( I used celery, carrots and onion, but you could use anything you want, as much as you want. Another great way to use up leftovers!)
  • 6 cups water
  • 2 tsp basil
  • 1-2 cloves of garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup uncooked noodles
Combine chicken broth, vegetables, water, basil, salt and pepper. If you are using frozen chicken breast at it in now. Do not add precooked chicken/turkey just yet.

Simmer uncovered for 30-45 minutes until veggies are tender and chicken in cooked through. Remove chicken and dice. If using the precooked dice it up. Add the chicken/turkey and noodles.

Cook for about 15 mins until the noodles are cooked. Enjoy!







How do you stay organized??

No comments:

Post a Comment